Bei Shizhang Lectureship
The Biophysical Society of China and IUPAB (International Union for Pure and Applied Biophysics) have established one triennial Bei lectureship to be presented at the triennial IUPAB Congresses to honour the memory and contributions to biophysics of Shizhang Bei, founder of the Institute of Biophysics of the Chinese Academy of Sciences.
The International Union for Pure and Applied Biophysics (IUPAB) encourage the nomination of candidates for the Bei Lectureship to be held at the 2024 IUPAB Biophysics Congress, in Kyoto-Japan.
The lectureship will be awarded to an investigator for outstanding contributions to any theme within the field of biophysics without limit of age. The winner receives an honorarium of USD$ 5,000.
The IUPAB Council and one member of the Biophysical Society of China will constitute a Jury that will award the lectureship.
· The nominee will be expected to have made important and well-recognized contributions to the field of biophysics.
· The nominees must not nominate themselves.
· The nominees may be of any nationality or academic rank, and may be affiliated with non-academic institutions provided that the work for which they are to be acknowledged has been published in recognized scholarly journals.
· The nominator must submit completed nomination forms and the required documents.
Possible nominators: IUPAB Adhering Bodies, Scientific Societies, Universities, Research Institutions or senior biophysicists. A given nominator can propose only one candidate for the lectureship.
Nominations packets must include the following:
1. Completed Award Nomination Form.
2. Letter from the nominator (no more than 2 pages), supporting the candidacy of the nominee, and highlighting scientific contributions/publications deemed representative or especially worthy of recognition.
3. Letter from the nominee accepting the nomination, and a commitment (excepting exceptional extenuating circumstances) to present a Plenary lecture at the IUPAB congress. No contribution will be made towards the travel to, or subsistence at the congress. Additionally, a review article for Biophysical Reviews Journal is desired, submitted within 3 months of the award being made known the recipient.
4. Nominee’s curriculum vitae.
5. Two letters of support (other than the nominator)
The nomination packet, in PDF format, should be emailed to the IUPAB Secretary General Prof. Ronald Clarke (firstname.lastname@example.org) before February 29th, 2024. The deadline for nominations has now passed.
Download application form