3 – 5 July 2019, London, UK
This discussion aims to show the central and critical role of physical chemistry, and specifically physical-organic considerations, as 3D manufacturing approaches the molecular scale. The scientific programme balances sessions that address the soft-matter and biointerface manufacturing challenges, including instrumentation development, surface functionalization and characterization, and the thermodynamics of interfacial recognition.
- Peter Seeberger Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces, Germany
- George Whitesides Harvard University, United States
- Jeffrey Gildersleeve National Cancer Institute, United States
- Yoshiko Miura Kyushu University, Japan
- Bart Jan Ravoo Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster, Germany
- Elisa Riedo NYU – Tandon School of Engineering, United States
- Zijian Zheng The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, China
Discount registration is available until 20 May. More information may be found on the conference website: http://rsc.li/soft-lithography-fd20
The CODATA-RDA Research Data Science Summer School will take place on 5-16 August 2019. Apply here!
This school provides Early Career Researchers (at MSc-level to 3 years after their PhD) and Professionals (who register via ITU Academy) with the necessary set of foundational Data Science skills to enable them to analyse their data in an efficient and effective manner for the 21st century.
The material covered here is fundamental to all areas of Data Science and hence open to researchers from all disciplines that deal with significant amounts of data. The focus is to provide a practical introduction to these topics with extensive labs and seminars.
- Open Science
- Introduction to Unix Shell
- Programming for Analysis
- Research Data Management
- Author Carpentry
- Data Visualisation
- Information Security
- Machine Learning
- Computational Infrastructures
Individuals with a background in High Energy/Particle Physics, IoT/Big-Data Analytics, Bioinformatics and Climate Data Sciences can apply to one of the Advanced workshops that run immediately after the school.
- A limited number of grants are available to support the attendance of selected participants from developing countries.
- Professionals and corporate entities must register and apply via the ITU Academy platform.
About the CODATA-RDA Research Data Science Summer School, 5-16 August 2019
ICTP School Poster for DataTrieste 2019
_______________________________________________ CODATA-international mailing list CODATAfirstname.lastname@example.org http://lists.codata.org/mailman/listinfo/codata-international_lists.codata.org
3rd Course: “Nanofluidics, Nanoimaging and Nanomanipulation”
The course is co-organized with the Nanomedicine Center of the University Milano-Bicocca – NANOMIB The course focuses on the state-of-the-art techniques and advanced biophysical methods related to Nanomedicine. The Scientific Program includes the following topics:
Nanofluidics: i) Nanopores, ii) Nanofluidics, iii) Microfluidics
Nanoimaging: i) STED and PALM, ii) FLIM-STICS, iii) Light sheet microscopy
Nanomanipulation: i) AFM, ii) Magnetic Tweezers, iii) Optical Tweezers
The title of the school is:
Intracellular Ion Channels and Transporters in Plant and Animal cells
15 to 19 of January 2018, in Venice (Palazzo Loredan).