The International Union for Pure and Applied Biophysics (IUPAB), invites all biophysicists to nominate candidates for the IUPAB Young Investigators´ Medal and Prize to be awarded at the 2020 Biophysics Congress, in Foz do Iguaçu – Brasil.
The award will be given to a young investigator for outstanding contributions to the field of biophysics. The winner receives an honorarium of US$ 2,000 and a medal.
The IUPAB Council will constitute a Jury that will make the award.
- The prize is attributed to an independent researcher, normally within 12 years from PhD at the time the prize is given. Allowance will be made for career breaks such as maternity leave and compulsory military service.
- The nominee will be expected to have made important and well-recognized contributions to an understanding of biophysics.
- The nominees must not nominate themselves.
- The nominees may be of any nationality or academic rank, and may be affiliated with non-academic institutions provided that the work for which they are to be acknowledged has been published in recognized scholarly journals.
The nominator must submit complete nomination forms and the required documents.
They may act as nominators IUPAB Adhering Bodies, Scientific Societies, Universities, Research Institutions or senior biophysicists. A given nominator can propose only one candidate for this prize.
Nominations packets must include the following:
- Completed Award Nomination Form.
- Letter from the nominator (no more than 2 pages), supporting the candidacy of the nominee, and highlighting specific contributions/publications deemed representative or especially worthy of recognition.
- Letter from the nominee accepting the nomination, and a commitment (excepting exceptional extenuating circumstances) to present a Plenary lecture at the IUPAB congress at which the award is made. Additionally, a review article for Biophysical Reviews Journal is desired, submitted within 3 months of the award being made known the recipient.
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae specifying the PhD date.
- Two letters of support (other than the nominator)
The nomination packet, in PDF format, should be emailed to the IUPAB Secretary General Prof. Juan Carmelo Gomez-Fernandez .(firstname.lastname@example.org) up to 20 of February.